Lake Michigan Shoreline

Lake Michigan Shoreline
original art by Annie Russell

Thursday, September 17, 2020

To The Island and other assorted news...

  

The Chippewa Hotel by Annie Russell-
Original in private collection. Prints available on Fine Art America

We're headed to Mackinac Island today for an afternoon of hiking. I wasn't sure if we'd be able to get over there this year due to the virus but it seems as if there have been no known outbreaks recently so we're going to give it a go with masks and hand sanitizer in tow. Its going to be a chilly day and I hope everyone on the ferry is masked or we'll have to go up-top and that will be mighty cold! All of that aside, I'm looking forward to going- its such a special place with amazing energy; the Fae are very active in the interior of the island. I am hoping to schedule a solitary trip back before the snows fly...

  And I will be driving my new-to-me car up there; a 2013 BMW x5 crossover. I've never had a car with so many bells and whistles! Its very fun and gives me the room I've been needing (250 pounds of potatoes and all kinds of additional boxes and bags for the restaurant) but it means selling the sedan which I have absolutely adored over the last few years. I've never been much of a car enthusiast but I have become an avowed BMW fan with the last two cars! This is unfortunate for my budget but doable since brand new cars aren't my thing. I can get the car I like several years old and within my monthly allotment.  Jack's thrilled because from here on out he doesn't have to schedule his one day off in the summer around my supply run and he won't be getting calls begging him to leave work to go gather up a dresser or other 'treasure' that someone set out to the road that is obviously not going to fit into a small 4 door car lol! 

  Beginning next week I need to get back to work- the beach needs to be shut down in earnest for the season and the stock put away in Persephone's Folly ahead of its Fall re-opening. There are mums to plant there as well that will look so nice. Pumpkins and cornstalks will finish that off.. the front of the building is fairly non-descript so sprucing it up is essential. Jack and I are beginning the garage clean-out this week as well - it all must go or fit into the storage shed so that once zoning gives us the OK we can begin getting the attached apartment built. I am beyond excited about this! It will provide a place for visiting family and friends to stay as well as provide rental income. I am determined, once we get the OK to do the project, that it be done and listed for rent by April. Jack doesn't say much but I get a definite 'simmer down, woman' vibe from him about my deadline... 😂

   Today's writing was simply to write- I really must get to work on Book 2 of the Ashlynne Barrow series -gathering assorted notes and snippets together and begin hashing out the longer arc of things- but everyone is home right now and there are a million family irons in the fire so its not conducive to that kind of work. I would love a small desk that could be put into my work room but I haven't found one that I like and that is affordable. Right now my writing space is in the dining room which is central to the whole house, so Book 2 will continue to simmer and bubble away in jotted down notes and the back of my head readying itself for its incarnation as soon as the house is quiet again...

Be Safe & Wear Your Masks ~

Annie


 

No comments: