Lake Michigan Shoreline

Lake Michigan Shoreline
original art by Annie Russell

Monday, September 14, 2020

Goodbye Summer 2020-

   



So this is it- the last day of my Summer 2020 season at the beach; I'll have to go back and check but I think this is the 4th time I've written that in an entry. Four years or so of blogging and I think I have maybe a dozen or so followers- that's a little sad LOL. At the same time Its kind of freeing- with so few eyes I can just chatter on about whatever catches my attention...  for this morning and the rest of the day it will be all about 'the last time I do ____________ until next year.' The last time I do payroll - down to one employee from 6 a few weeks ago. The last time I put the patio tables out in the morning. The last time I count open the till and turn the open sign on until next year.. etc. , etc., etc. Yeah- I get weirdly sentimental. It is always bittersweet to close for the season. I basically move into the building in May -spending over 90 hours a week working on site- and then BOOM! Its done. But I am so very proud of the job that my crew did this year under incredible stress and previously unknown work conditions. Not only were we busier than we have ever been but we performed at a top-notch level. If any of you are reading this- Bravo! And Hat's Off To You All <3 

 Tomorrow ---the first non-day-off-Tuesday in months --- I take my car into the shop then walk over to Persephone's Folly and get some cleaning done. Its been shuttered since my last blog entry and the spiders have basically set up a condo for themselves. I have some pretty cool stock to organize and put away as well and then the first Reading of the year will be in that afternoon. As far as the bricks and mortar retail its pretty much decided, thank goodness. My lease is up May 1. The shop will be open throughout the fall and winter/early spring Friday-Sunday or by appointment. I will be concentrating on selling down all stock that is not currently available on-line so that come the end of April I can move out and on. I love that shop - my heart sings when I enter and its exactly what I've always wanted --except for customers. There are simply not enough to justify the expense of maintaining it. I know Jack wouldn't say BOO if I chose to keep it open -he's so good about that kind of thing- but its a business and its a business that is not performing well so decisions have to be made based on that and not how cute I think it is... darn it lol.

 Book One in the Ashlynne Barrow series is now available on Kindle HERE and is currently free to download. I have some very nice verbal responses regarding the story from people currently reading it which makes me so very happy. The hardback and paperback are due out in Oct/Nov and I can't wait! There is an online book club HERE - I would love to have more people join so we can chat about all things Nola and Fae come November. I am bummed that the planned Author Meet & Greets and Launch Parties can't happen but I'll figure out something. If any of the handful of you reading this have any ideas for that sort of thing send me a message :-) 

I suppose that's all for now- time to do that last payroll count, feed the dogs and get dressed to do my last Grocery Store Run For The Beach for the season. 

Have a great week everyone. Stay Safe & Wear Your Masks~

Annie




No comments: