Lake Michigan Shoreline

Lake Michigan Shoreline
original art by Annie Russell

Thursday, June 6, 2019

A Rough & Rocky Start - or End. Perspective Is Everything I Guess


Gathering Lilacs - available for purchase on the NorthernVisions etsy store

Good Morning Out There. I'm really never sure who-if anyone- reads this so I pretty much just write for myself; a diary of sorts I guess.
  The calendar says June and my friends and family in the South are insisting that they will all melt away to nothingness soon but up here in the North its still cold, damp and generally not at all summer-like. Its killing me financially and emotionally. I really need to see some sunshine and feel some warmth. My beach side business - very very slow about now - demands the same.
 I have been saying its a 'rough start' when people ask me how its going but it may be a 'rough end' to a very trying winter. I'm undecided yet as to whether or not flipping that perspective makes it more hopeful.. maybe. By saying that this current time is a rough ending allows for a positive beginning to happen soon. Or maybe its all semantics and means nothing more than cloudy word games. Who knows?
 What I DO know is that its not been much in the way of 'rainbows and glitter' - business is slow in starting, finances are taking a hit because of that and the sun seems to have disappeared forever. I'm REALLY tired of wearing wool socks, boots and 3 layers of clothes to the beach to cook. Its all getting really old and I would love to run away.
 Instead of physically running away, though, I've mentally checked out. As mentioned in the last post I have started work on an Urban Fantasy novel that I am having a lot of fun with. Ironically, it was born out of a mind-blowingly crazy situation with a friend that I was very close to. What happens when you find out that one of your best friends is LITERALLY not who you knew? Faeries. You change it all into a Faerie story. Yes, I know; my way of dealing and processing is a bit odd but you'll all get a fantastic read out of it all if you're interested... I gave myself a deadline because I work better that way and have listed the Kindle version for pre-order on amazon. The link is HERE. I'm not sure about the cover, that may change... There will be a paperback as well but amazon doesn't support that pre-order format. As I get closer to the Sept 1 release date I may set up pre-orders on my website for Persephone's Folly..
 Lest you all (whoever the 6 of you that read this are) think I ignore pressing business issues by diving headlong into another project I have had to sit down and make some tough choices as to where my personal and business resources will be allocated going forward. While difficult to do I'm keeping the visual in my mind of a healthy tree- trimming off the dead branches allows for energy to be concentrated in the trunk and live branches allowing for a stronger and healthier tree. I'm a tree.. I need to cut out the dead, the draining and the dragging down aspects to allow for healthy growth- be that people, situations, businesses, etc.
 Re-reading this post I chuckled at my attempts to gather some semblance of a positive mind-set. I really do try but this year has been one of loss; the loss of a friend, the loss of trust, the loss of a parent, the loss of income. Its been  a rough year but I'm ready for a smoother beginning-
let it be now...


1 comment:

Anderslc said...

Smoother times ahead! Love you!