Lake Michigan Shoreline

Lake Michigan Shoreline
original art by Annie Russell

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Rain Days and Painting With Words

 
'Lilacs At The Mac' -original by me. Available now

Its 'summer' now so one of my morning rituals is to check the weather forecast and the radar for the beaches -- this morning's radar showed large blobs of greens and reds headed over the lake to the shoreline. That lovely image coupled with a high of 45* at the beach means a rain-day for me. While a little disappointing its par for the course this early into the opening season. So instead of of rushing out the door to open The Beach House I dressed in non-kitchen clothing and put on a little bit of make-up just because I could.
 Over coffee my husband and I went over the logistics of opening the next two Concessions and potential employees to call for interviews. Given that everyone who *says* they want to work actually shows up I may have a summer-time first in that I will have all necessary employees before July-Yay!
 After that I gathered up the last week's etsy sales, packed, addressed them and sent them off to be shipped. My husband headed into Charlevoix to drop things at our daughter's place and start the
set up of new equipment at the Ferry Beach location- that one will open in a couple of weeks.
 I may or may not go in to plant more flowers at Rose Cliff- if the rain continues then its a definite NOT. I have been battling a migraine for several days and standing out in the cold rain seems like a very bad idea.

  In 'new' news to some of you I have wandered into a different art form; this past winter I wrote a small non-fiction book. I have to say that creating the written body has been oodles more fun that editing and formatting for printing. But after my husband left this morning I worked through yet another edited file and re-submitted it for review in the hopes that this is the LAST one for this book.
I have some ideas floating around for a second one but this headache is severely curtailing my computer time so I will let those ideas perk around for a bit before I begin an outline and typing.
  Writing anything longer than a blog post has been really interesting; the creative process is like painting with words- crafting the language to create a mental image and I've enjoyed it immensely.

  That's your news and updates from my corner of the North for now- Here's to Sunny Days to Come!

until next time...
Annie
 

No comments: