Lake Michigan Shoreline

Lake Michigan Shoreline
original art by Annie Russell

Thursday, December 23, 2021

Holiday Season Go-time

 Well, no matter how I try to keep the winter holidays simple it's really my own mindset that complicates it, and it struck again yesterday when I had to have a stern talking to with myself.

 I woke exhausted having had nightmares for most of the previous night and started right off spinning into a 'all of the things must be done right now!' frame of mind which makes me and everyone around me crazy. Lists help me with this by framing the day, prioritizing because, really- not everything ever has to be done in one day- or at all! So a reasonable list, an unreasonable amount of coffee and I was feeling better which made for a better day for me and the people around me. 

 So, what is the craziness that has me spinning? In my defense, it really is * a lot * but it's not as bad as I can make it: We've moved the Christmas celebrations up a day due to family work schedules, my husband is working 12 hour days to finish a big job (today is the deadline), the sump pumps went out and need to be repaired before we leave for New Orleans early on the 26th. The house needs to be de-holidayed before we leave as well because we'll be gone for the month. But one step at a time and one foot in front of the other and the must-dos get done and I still have a nice holiday too. 



  The highlight of the holiday, so far, was the craft day that we had with the Grandkids a couple of days ago. We made glittered snowflake ornaments, beaded necklaces for the other Grandmas, decorated cookies, and watched Christmas shows. It was such a great afternoon! Days like THAT are the must-dos

  The next post will probably be from New Orleans where, once I'm in and settled, work will resume on Book 3 of The Faerie Tale Chronicles and paintings will be created.  A month in the warmth and vibrancy and seeing our son will be lovely. 

 Until then- have a wonderful Holiday Season in whatever way you celebrate and be good to yourself. 

~Annie

No comments: