Lake Michigan Shoreline

Lake Michigan Shoreline
original art by Annie Russell

Monday, October 25, 2021

Monday and a little further along the road to Hell...

  I was feeling very virtuous telling Alexa to set an alarm for 6am as I turned off the light last night and climbed into bed. I needed to get up early to finish readying the apartment for the winter-long tenants set to arrive at 10am that morning. Ahhh... those 'good intentions' strike again! I must have ordered it to stop when it went off but I have no recollection of having done so. But when I awoke refreshed and rested my feeling of contentment vanished upon looking at my watch- it was 8am!! Gah!!!

  And so was set the morning pace; I threw clothes on, made coffee, fed the dogs and cat, and paid the Nola electric bill by 8:15. By 8: 45 I had gulped 2 cups of magic bean juice, brushed my teeth, and pulled shoes on.  By 9:55 I mopped my way out of the apartment and locked the door-- Sheesh! Thank goodness I had done a bunch of cleaning and removing of decor the day before or I would never have managed it this morning. The young couple staying until May will arrive at some point today and I'm very grateful for this arrangement. 


   Having run around like a crazy woman I slowed down a little and cleaned up the kitchen from yesterday and mixed up some bread dough. It's chilly in here so it's taking the dough forever to rise and I'm really hoping I didn't mess up the yeast bloom.. ugh. If I did, I did- there's nothing to do for it but to begin again, which I probably won't do today. My goal- should the dough rise- is to bake a round loaf in my large dutch oven and decorate it by scoring it. The Instagram account HERE is my inspiration... I love to bake bread and rarely get to do it in the summer at work due to the combined craziness of schedule and lack of climate control, therefore I do most of my yeast baking in the fall and winter.

  While I wait (impatiently) to see if the dough will rise I'm going to finish going through the hardback edition proof that came in the mail over the weekend. The paperback edition had some issues - par for the course- that the formatter is working on now and my hope is that the hardback will be able to be revised along the same lines with no issues dedicated to it alone.  I'm anxious to get Book 2 completed and out the door to readers so that I can do some major word crunching on Book 3. My goal is to get that manuscript to the editor as soon as March so that it can be sent to the formatter earlier and avoid dumping crazy deadlines on the formatter. (Road. Hell. Intentions. Are you seeing a pattern yet? hahaha!)

So that's my Monday morning. It's noon now and I'm off to begin proofing the hardback of Book 2... have a good day everyone

~Annie

No comments: