Lake Michigan Shoreline

Lake Michigan Shoreline
original art by Annie Russell

Friday, September 1, 2017

....and its the end of summer. In every respect

   

I am in a funk-and not in a good way. For the last few weeks I thought it was sheer exhaustion but that's not all. Granted, I am VERY tired but summer does that when you work seasonally up here and for the most part I'm kind of used to it-though this summer has been beyond busy, to be sure. 
  But with the arrival of September and a dismally slow business week it has occurred to me that my main issue right now is not knowing what I'm supposed to do next. In previous years the end of summer had me moving directly into Halloween Nola Orders and planning the month of November in New Orleans. Fall was just as busy and scheduled as summer- though in a different way. This year none of that is happening. I left the company I had been making dolls for in New Orleans ( a good, though sad decision) and for financial reasons Jack and I have opted for a shorter week long visit to our Nola in January rather than a month in November. So now I'm looking at reducing the hours at the Beach House and making no plans for leaving to see my friends and my city and I am looking for a winter job. It has me feeling very betwixt and between and sad. 

  So with the realization that much of this sadness and blah feeling is about a lack of direction I will start to look for one. Instead of floundering around in the shallows I'll feel for the current and ride it (there's a nice visual for you...) Hopefully within a week or so I will begin to feel more positive and less sad and lonesome. 

 

No comments: