Lake Michigan Shoreline

Lake Michigan Shoreline
original art by Annie Russell

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Of Beaches and Gardens; of Cooking, Writing and Painting-- summertime life at its best



photo credit- Annie Russell

Good morning out there- this is my 'day off'. Hahahahaa!! Seriously, though, that means restaurant supply time. Its mortifying to hand customers the basket of chips to choose from which is holding 1 bag of Cheetos and 4 bags of Fretos LOL! So there is that necessary chore.

I also need to hit the AT&T store because apparently my cell phone number has been hijacked. There is nothing odd showing on my device insofar as outgoing calls or texts but I have been getting calls and texts from unknown numbers insisting that I have contacted them- and screen shots of my number on texts to prove it. Its kind of creepy. I'm hoping that swapping out the SIM card will take care of whatever this is.

There is also the daily garden visit to Rosecliff Cottage. Planting is done but watering and maintenance will be an everyday occurrence from now until the end of September. So if you need to find me I will be either at the beach or in the garden - rough life, eh?

I'm also working on an outline for a book that I'm hoping will be ready for 2 Paranormal conventions I will be at this Oct. I'm excited about this one as it will incorporate my art as well as my writing; not that I'm not excited about the first one .. but you know what I mean. This one will be a work-book of sorts with meditations based on a garden theme. There will be lots of color and blank pages for the reader to jot down notes, doodles, or thoughts on the activities. I'm anxious to get moving on it...

But for now Summer is moving along nicely; business is beginning to pick up at the Beaches with the new menu items being a resounding success so far- especially the Smoked Whitefish Sliders. I love being busy in the kitchen and then getting to take a break and watch Lake Michigan when it slows down. Ending my day with glorious flowers and cool greenery at Rosecliff's garden's its the icing on the day's cake...

Happy Summer everyone!



No comments: