Lake Michigan Shoreline

Lake Michigan Shoreline
original art by Annie Russell

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Making Lists and Traveling

 
St Louis Cemetery #1


I leave for New Orleans in 3 days- Tuesday at O'Dark Thirty we hit the road for the first leg of the trip down.
Am I packed? No.
Is the house cleaned and ready? No.
Am I kind of freaking out about all of this? Oh yea....
  Two days ago I thought I had my shit basically together- not completely, but passable anyway. And then my son called from down-state  saying he was going to the hospital for a possible appendicitis flare. Okeedokey! I threw clothes in a bag and headed 2 hours down state to find my sick son in the massive medical complex that is Spectrum Health in downtown Grand Rapids. The surgical team opted to watch him and shoot him full of IV antibiotics rather than head straight into surgery, so he over-nighted in the Surgical Observation ward and I stayed over night in a terrible 'hotel' that was under renovation, no working internet, tv or coffee makers. The bed was clean, so there was that...
  I returned home late last night having deposited my now-healthy son at his place (no surgery needed and he was happy and feeling good).
  Having slept like the dead last night I am rested today but feeling over whelmed and unsure as to what to do first. I need to make a list detailing the 'must-do's' from the 'would be nice to do's'. Lists make me feel better ..
  I did put the etsy stores on 'vacation mode' and finished sending in painting samples to the Paint Party company I'm hoping to work some gigs with this winter. I have the last two orders from Persephone's Folly ready to be shipped out Monday so I feel ok about that....
  I am anxious to get back to New Orleans, I miss the energy of it there and my friends. This will be my first *real* vacation in about 4 years since I won't be working there this time around; I'm looking forward to it...


No comments: